Community HealthChoices (CHC) is a Medicaid managed care program that includes physical health benefits and long-term services and supports (LTSS). It is a mandatory managed care program for dually eligible (Medicare and Medicaid eligible) individuals and individuals with physical disabilities. Three managed care organizations were chosen by the State to manage this program. They are:
- AmeriHealth Caritas **In the Southeast zone, they will operate under the name “Keystone First CHC”
- PA Health and Wellness
- UPMC Community HealthChoices
The same three CHC MCOs will be used across the state. Using the five geographic HealthChoices zones, implementation phases are:
- January 2018 - Phase 1 (Southwest)
- January 2019 - Phase 2 (Southeast)
- January 2020 - Phase 3 (Lehigh/Capital, Northwest, Northeast)
Please refer to the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS) Community HealthChoices website for the most current information related to trainings, benefits/service coordination, billing, and other important information.
View Community Care’s CHC Resource Guide for additional information.