General Suicide Prevention Information
Suicide prevention and awareness websites have many resources on risk factors, prevention, support, training, screening and assessment, and care options. Please visit these listed websites to review all information. For specific topics, review individual categories with direct links included. In a life-threatening situation, call 911 immediately.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI): Suicide information resources including warning signs and risk factors, being prepared for a crisis, navigating mental health crisis, crisis resources, awareness resources, individual and community facts, statistics, and impact.
- Prevent Suicide PA: Solely dedicated to preventing suicide, this website includes links to online learning, Pennsylvania statewide suicide prevention plan, warning signs and risk factors, and resources for parents and caregivers, survivors, schools, colleges and universities, LGBTQ, health care providers, military, and first responders.
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center – Resources, Programs and Practices: Resource and program type filters that includes resources on suicide prevention and evidence-based prevention and the ability to find programs and practices.
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center – Respond Effectively to Individuals in Crisis: Crisis services are an important part of a comprehensive approach to suicide prevention. Although the term crisis services are often used to refer to hotlines or helplines, it also encompasses other programs that provide assessment, crisis stabilization, and referral to an appropriate level of ongoing care.
- Zero Suicide: For systems dedicated to improving patient safety, Zero Suicide presents an aspirational challenge and practical framework for system-wide transformation toward safer suicide care.