Suicide prevention and awareness websites have many resources on risk factors, prevention, support, training, screening and assessment, and care options. Please visit these listed websites to review all information. For specific topics, review individual categories with direct links included. In a life-threatening situation, call 911 immediately.
- LivingWorks: LivingWorks is a suicide intervention training company that believes suicide is preventable and everyone can learn to play a life-saving role. It offers integrated training programs designed to span a continuum of safety skills. With a common language, philosophy, and approach, LivingWorks gives each trainee a clear role to play and enable these roles to seamlessly come together, creating safety networks for those in need.
- Pennsylvania Department of Human Services/OMHSAS Suicide Prevention Online Learning Center: This site is designed to provide research-based and best practice information to anyone who may come into contact with individuals struggling with suicidal thoughts and behaviors, including educators, mental health professionals, medical professionals, and the general community.
- Prevent Suicide PA - Training: Online training topics for health care providers, mental health providers, schools and educators, developing prevention programs, juvenile justice and the law, and general topics.
- Primary Screening for Suicide Risk training presentation: Presentation on how to improve front-line clinician proficiency in performing an initial suicide risk screening with objectives to learn the importance of suicide risk screening, and learn specific verbal and non-verbal techniques for delivering effective suicide risk screening.
- Question, Persuade, and Refer (QPR): People trained in QPR learn how to recognize the warning signs of a suicide crisis and how to question, persuade, and refer someone to help.
- S.A.V.E Gatekeeper Training: Developed in collaboration with the Department of Veterans Affairs and presented by Dr. Megan McCarthy, Deputy Director, Suicide Prevention. You will develop a general understanding of the problem of suicide in the United States; understand how to identify a veteran who may be at risk for suicide; and know what to do if you identify a veteran at risk.
- Secondary Screening for Suicide Risk Training Presentation: Presentation on how to improve front-line clinician proficiency in conducting secondary screening and risk stratification of patients detected as being at non-negligible risk of suicide as part of primary screening. The objectives including learning the importance of suicide risk screening, learning how to use the ED-SAFE Patient Secondary Screening tool (ESS-6), including scoring and stratification.
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center – Webinars: Webinars offered by SPRC, SAMHSA, ICF and ICRC-S.
- The Trevor Project – Lifeguard Workshop: The Lifeguard Workshop video is a learning tool specifically designed to help young people. Video training and curriculum is based on Trevor’s in-person workshop listed in the SPRC/AFSP Best Practice Registry for Suicide Prevention and is free of charge to educators and youth service providers.