Suicide Prevention Awareness Month
September is Suicide Prevention Awareness Month, a time to open up the conversation about suicide to reduce stigma, raise awareness, and connect people to treatment and resources. NAMI's “Together for Mental Health” campaign encourages people to come together to advocate for better mental health care. Visit nami.org/suicidepreventionmonth for more information.
- Prevent Suicide PA - information on Pennsylvania’s statewide suicide prevention plan, warning signs, myths and facts, survivor stories, and more.
- Suicide Prevention Guide 2022 suicide prevention resources and strategies for individuals, families, organizations, and communities.
- Suicide Prevention Resources (providers.ccbh.com)
- Suicide Prevention Program Implementation (providers.ccbh.com)
- Zero Suicide Efforts - Community Taskforces at Work - Recognizing Community Care's Zero Suicide efforts
Suicide Prevention Month Events by County
Highmark Stadium - Station Square, Pittsburgh
Jim Dietrich Park
City Island - Harrisburg
Dave Goodwin Memorial Field
Gumtown Park, New Bethlehem, PA
DuBois City Park
Downtown Event Park
Rotary Pavilion, Presque Isle State Park
Detwiler Memorial Field
Kirby Park, Wilkes Barre
Kish Park, Lewistown
Schuylkill Haven's Island Park,
Cherry Park (1466 Cherry Rd, Rock Hill)
Nay Aug Park